Labor Doula Services & Responsibilities
- 2 prenatal visits to discuss your birth wishes & to gain a better understanding of how I can best support you & your family.
- Unlimited phone/email consultations to answer any questions/concerns throughout entire pregnancy & postpartum.
- Information & Resources (acupressure, relaxation techniques, breastfeeding, & much more)
- 24 hour on-call (via cell) starting 2 weeks before your estimated due date & up to 2 weeks after. A total of 4 weeks on-call.
- Continuous labor support, I will provide early labor support as requested & will meet you at your home or the birth place when you desire more support.
- Immediate postpartum support for up to two hours after the birth to assist & encourage family bonding, breastfeeding & newborn wishes.
- 1-2 home postpartum visits within one-two weeks after baby is born.
- A back up doula is available if needed & would be happy to arrange a meeting.
Labor Doula Limitations
- As your labor doula, I will not make decisions for you during your labor & delivery. But will offer informational support & help you understand what options are available to you. I will provide physical comfort support, mental & emotional support, but will not perform any medical procedures.